How do I cancel my order?
If it’s a COD/CCD order:
You can cancel your order online before the product has been shipped. Your entire order amount will be refunded. In case the product has been shipped but has not yet been delivered to you, you may still cancel the order online. Your refund will be processed once we receive the originally ordered product back from the courier.
Unfortunately, an order cannot be cancelled once the product has been delivered to you but it can be returned back for replacement.
You can cancel your COD or a CCD order any time prior to its shipment by following below-mentioned steps: · Registered customers can check the order details by clicking on "Order History" under my account.
· On this page, it will show you all your existing orders.
· Click on the view icon of the order Id you want to cancel.
· Click on "Submit" icon after submitting the appropriate details.
If it’s a Pre-paid order:
· If you wish to cancel an order, please contact our Customer Support team and let us know the reason for it.
· Our concerned team will review the reason for your cancellation request and try to resolve the objective if possible.
· If you still do not wish to continue with your order, we’ll cancel it without any further delay.
· Once the order is cancelled, a confirmation email will be sent to your registered email address.
No cancellation of International Orders
· International Orders of Books cannot be cancelled.
How long will it take to process a cancellation request?
Once we receive a cancellation request, it will take maximum 48 hours to cancel the order. You will be notified of the same. In case your order has been "Shipped", we may take your cancellation request; however, we shall be able to process refund once we receive the cancelled items back from the courier.
If you opt for credit as a refund, it will take 2-3 working days. You can use the amount for future purchases with us. However, if you opt for having the money transferred back to the source of transaction while we process the refund immediately and notify your bank, it usually takes up to 7-10 business days for your bank to process the refund and the same to reflect in your account. Please get in touch with the banks directly in case of any delays post confirmation of cancellation / refund by us.
Why did Booksbykilo cancel my order?
Your order can be cancelled due to any of the below reasons:
· Technical issues related to pricing information.
· Non-availability of the product(s).
· Payment problem identified by Fraud Detection Department.
Note: We may put additional checks and verifications or seek more information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or a part of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order.
Can I add items and combine orders after I have placed an order?
We currently do not allow the facility of adding or combining orders once they have been placed. In case of COD orders that have not been shipped, you may cancel the order and place another one.
How will I know that my order is cancelled?
You shall receive an automated e-mail once the order is cancelled.
What is Booksbykilo’s Return policy?
All products sold on Booksbykilo checked for quality, though they are not brand new every possible measure have been taken to make sure they are readable and of desirable quality. We offer easy replacement for all products sold on Booksbykilo.in, under certain conditions which are mentioned below:
· In case of any manufacturing defect, customers may notify us within 24 hours from the delivery. However, in case of transit damages, the issue has to be reported within 24 hours. After which we may not be able to accept the complaint.
· We may ask you to share the images of the product and the internal and external packaging material.
· Once we agree to replace, then we will replace the defective/damaged product with a replacement, in case replacement is not available book with same or less weight will be made available via offline communication .
· Booksbykilo will try to replace the specific product ordered. However, the company reserves the right to offer an alternate product in case the product is Out of Stock or Discontinued by the manufacturer.
· Damages due to tear and negligence on part of the customer is not returnable at all.
Following are the terms and conditions for return/replacement:
· We source branded products and these products are bound by brand policies of exchange refunds and cancellations thereby binding the customer with the same.
· Products must be in their original condition; how they were delivered.
· Brand packaging should be intact. Do not paste anything or use any adhesive based tape on the original packaging. If needed, you may put it in a plastic bag and then stick over it.
· Replacements will be made basis availability of that product on the website.
I want to return a faulty/damaged product, how do I proceed?
Please follow the below mentioned steps:
· Click clear images of the product showing damages.
· Email us the images.
· Explain the exact detail of the damage/defect and the status of the package that you received. · The complaint and the images should be sent to us within 24 hours of the delivery. Failing to do so, we will not be able to serve the claim for you.
· If necessary, we will arrange a pickup of the product through our logistic partner. If we are unable to do so, we will request you to send the product back to us.
· Once the product reaches us, our Quality Analysts will evaluate your returned product to ensure adherence to our Returns Guidelines.
What are Booksbykilo’s Returns Guideline?
· Booksbykilo’s Return Policy is implied only where the product have defect or damage. We do not accept returns in case of wrong selection made by customer.
· Customers may be asked to send the product back, in case the reverse pick up cannot be honoured due to operational restrictions. Return shipping charges will be reimbursed in the form of Booksbykilo’s store credit.
· Booksbykilo is not responsible for any in-transit damages, while product has been shipped by the customer. Customer is solely responsible for the damage claim from Courier company.
· No Cancellation or Return on wrong selection post delivery. All customers are requested to check book name/ISBN 13 and other details.
When are returns not possible?
There are certain scenarios where it is difficult for us to support returns, which are:
· If the return request is made outside the specified time frame.
· Items that are returned without original packaging,freebies or accessories.
· If the product is damaged because of use or the product is not in the same condition in which you had received it.
· If the book has been used or scribbled.
· Products that may/have been tampered or products with missing ISBN numbers.
How will I get a refund for the order I cancelled or returned?
· Once the resolution is set for refund, we will soon move ahead with the refund.
· Refund will be done by the same method we received the payment in. In exceptions, we may ask you for the account details.
· You can opt for store credit as well and use the amount for future purchases with us.
I've still not received the refund in my bank account. Why?
If you have received a mail from us confirming your refund request, then rest assured that we have initiated your refund request and are following up with the respective bank for the same.
Sometimes bank take a longer time to process the refund request. However, if the refund hasn't happened by the date we promised, you can contact us. We will gladly help you.
Can I ask for NEFT refund if I paid through Credit Card/Debit Card/Netbanking?
We are sorry. In case you paid via credit card/debit card/netbanking, the amount will be refunded in the same account as you had made payment from. However, you can opt for this, if you made the payment through COD (Cash on Delivery).